- You have been a caregiver yourself … what is your caregiving story?
- Describe the challenges of long-distance caregiving.
- What are the key signs that it’s time to move your loved one to assisted living?
- Describe the process in creating a senior-friendly home.
- What are the key challenges of caregiver burnout?
- You talk about finding joy in caregiving in your books … how is this possible?
- What are some of the warning signs that your parents are struggling?
- What are your top 5 tips for caregivers?
- At what point should you take control of your loved one’s finances, and what is involved with managing their important documents?
- What prompted you to write your books?
Caregiver's Guide for Canadians
I don't know why this essential book is not more widely publicized. It's a lifesaver for anyone who is caring for elderly parents or relatives. Utilizing his own personal experience, the author adeptly addresses every and any issue caregivers are faced with.
I'm amazed at all the details covered in this helpful guide. Some examples of the important information addressed include sharing caregiving duties & defining roles; caregiving from away; all manner of emotional aspects; living arrangements & other responsibilities; paperwork; things to do together or when visiting; managing the medical aspects; keeping balance in your own life; and so much more. A quick flip through the Table of Contents demonstrates just how much help resides within this book. A review never quite touches all the multiple benefits that rest between the pages of such a helpful book.
— Diane M. Schuller